M O D E L S : MG TF LE 500
July 2nd 2008 - NAC MG UK LTD. set price for
MG TF LE500
update: May 10th 2008 - Launch Date officially announced
After its media introduction during the celebration of the reopening of Longbridge (more here), it was time to show the first TF's to the public of enthusiasts. Herefor they have chosen to show the orange restyled TF during the MG Car Club event at Silverstone (June 22-24th, 2007).
The pictures shows us number
1 of the Limited Edition 500, the model that will be available in the UK starting
October 2007 or even later. Full production is postponed since the product quality
hasn't reached the level they want. This prototype shows us some problems too.
Have a look at the front of the bonnet, the gap between front bumper and bonnet.
A rather extreme orange peel is clearly visible on the last picture. However
I am sure, these things will get sorted before the first car arrives at the
UK-based dealerships. That's right, the TF LE500 will only be available for
the UK market, as production for the European market is expected for 2008.
Also on the pictures, the chairman of the MGF/TF register, Rob M. Bell proud to sit in the start of a new journey.
MG TF LE500 on display at MGFest07
TF LE 500
First public display of TF model built by NAC MG (UK) at Longbridge
- 2 door soft top convertible
- Mid engine, rear wheel drive
- Limited to 500 in the UK
- Unique LE500 badging, graphics and trim items.
- Revised instrumentation
- Revised body styling
- Body colour hardtop as standard
- Black leather seats
- Piano black interior finish
- 1.8 16v EU4 petrol engine, 136PS
- Anti-lock brakes with EBD
- Individually numbered with vehicle specific interior badging
- Front disc brakes with 4-pot calipers in red, rear disc brakes
- 16" 11 spoke alloy wheels
- CD Tuner with MP3 compatibility, six speakers
- Perimetric / volumetric anti-theft alarm
- Rear parking sensors
- 3 year / 60,000 mile warranty
- 3 year European roadside assistance
What the leaflet/brochure tells/shows us
Available exterior colours:
Intense Blue (must be something bewteen Trophy Blue and Royal Blue)
Graphite Grey (cfr. XPower Grey)
Raven Black (The only colour that comes directly from the TF range)
Scorched Red (Dark red, maybe like Nightfire Red ?)
There are also plans to reïntroduce Britsh Racing Green and Yellow.
Wheels will only be available in satin black or shadow chrome.